This is not part of the RetroPie project. It is not part of the Attract Mode project.
It is just a pre-built image that combines the two, as a proof of concept. There is no official support for this build.
Also, if you do want help, check out these 2 great sites I try to help out on:
https://retropie.org.uk/forum/ - Official RetroPie
http://forum.attractmode.org/ - Official Attract Mode
Please note, there are some unofficial groups that help distribute copyright games/roms as well as linking here, I dont support these in any way.
I cannot help with any instructions you may receive from those sites, and cannot help explain why their configs dont work.
If you feel like donating for the builds, feel free to send Bitcoin. Thanks!
Bitcoin Address: 132JtGiqD6HnByLymNbRnUMUPMdfYBrYnG
v0.1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrXe3icI-mI
v0.2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG0P7S3U3lE
v0.4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfWZqr0BwS8
v0.5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ssbyofbm4Q
Image for Raspberry Pi (Pi2 and Pi3) (seems easier to download in Chrome)
Unzip to get the .img file, then write that to a micro SD card.
v0.1 - https://mega.nz/#!PEgTGI5L!dFR64cArZYno ... HRAbGAop-c (2.2GB)
v0.2 - https://mega.nz/#!3NJ20K6S!uJ06NWATizmD ... cClwNe8qo4 (1.3GB)
v0.3 - https://mega.nz/#!SEwiWTxZ!PcMQmhuENII0 ... GuZtzIz7X0 (1.25GB)
v0.4 - https://mega.nz/#!GQRFBaAT!0QCuQYuxyg92 ... hMZlzC6JTE (1.12GB)
v0.4 - (Artwork Version) https://mega.nz/#!mAogEIIZ!t9uoDxFfFzfh ... RScJFziK78 (17.62GB)
v0.5 - https://mega.nz/#!OIQFyZbZ!_GrdiQTnJ_IV ... 298tISJa1k (2.52GB)
Please resize the filesystem using the "sudo raspi-config" command.
10th April 2016 - v0.1
- First Version
16th April 2016 - v0.2
- RetroPie 3.7
- Attract Mode 2.0.0 - 15th April 2016
- Shaders configured for RetroArch emulators
- AM configs pre-configured to match most RetroPie emulators
- Artwork directories created in the roms directories of the systems
- Extra AM layouts/themes pre-installed
- Exit to from AM to ES and vice versa
- Added MAME controls.ini, nplayer.ini, catver.ini to help filters in AM
- Fixed keyboard hang (hacked boot delay)
- Added boot script by Shakz (to flip between ES and AM)
- Hide motd, rainbow splashscreen and raspberry logo appearing
- Hide last login and uname output
- Stop white screen with X boot info showing
- Selected new version of Robospin as default theme
- Setting correct aspect ratio for re-configured systems
- Various small tweaks
- Install intro video for AM
2nd May 2016 - v0.3
- Recompiled AM with new SFML so X is no longer needed (https://github.com/mickelson/sfml-pi)
- This means runcommand now works under Attract Mode, and emulators that use SDL 1.2 can now be run with attractmode outside of X with hardware scaling.
- Advmame for example scaled only in software in X. Now it will use hardware scaling.
- Updated configs to no longer start X
- Updated Emulators to use runcommand (https://github.com/RetroPie/RetroPie-Se ... runcommand)
7th May 2016 - v0.4
- Kodi Installed
- Daphne Installed
- Updated some Attract Mode layouts
- Added more emulator configs
8th May 2016 - v0.4 Artwork
- As 0.4 but with MAME artwork
- Stored under the mame-libretro roms directory
- Credits to http://www.progettosnaps.net/ and omegaman on the AM forums
- Full credits and author details in the readme folder
23rd August 2016 - v0.5
- RetroPie 4.0.1 (22nd August)
- Attract Mode 2.1.0 (22nd August)
- Experimental version of Emulation Station with grid mode
- Video Manager tool pre-installed, but not configured
- RetroPie setup script accessible within Attract Mode
- No X mode installed/configured
- AM startup error
AL lib: (WW) alc_initconfig: Failed to initialize backend "pulse"
- Auto resize image partitions
- Remove console output for clean boot
- Change scripts to not reboot when switching FE?
- Use integer scaling?
- Other Stuff
Videos, marquee, wheel images etc. from:
Wiki entry to build Attract Mode (Make sure that last bracket in the url copies across)
https://github.com/mickelson/attract/wi ... an-Jessie)
General Help with attract mode:
Theme used (Robospin)
Info on the Pi and retro gaming emulation
1 post • Page 1 of 1